Community Response Grants
Grants from the United Way of Wexford-Missaukee are available to agencies on a one-time basis only with no commitment to continuing support. Funds are intended to meet critical community needs and at least one of the following:
(a) Short-term support for start-up or development for new agencies or programs.
(b) Stabilization of programs or agencies.
(c) Unanticipated, non-recurring service contingencies of a critical nature and/or for situations beyond the agency’s control.
All organizations requesting grants should meet the following requirements:
- Be incorporated, not-for-profit and IRS tax exempt, or sponsored by such an organization.
- Offer human service programs.
- Provide community service based on documented needs.
- Be non-discriminatory. Discrimination by race, creed, color, age, sex or religion is be prohibited.
- Have an active, rotating, volunteer leadership that represents the diverse elements of the community.
- Have sound financial and program management.
- Agree to support and cooperate with the United Way.
- Agree to provide timely financial and program information.
- Agree to cooperate with and assist the United Way in its public information programs.
- Agree to use United Way funds for annual operating expenses excluding capital expenditures.
Community Response Grant Application Procedures (click here for application form)
A Complete Application includes the following:
- Application Cover Sheet
- Project Budget
- Proposal: a proposal must contain the following information clearly identified:
- Brief history and explanation of mission of organization.
- Project description.
- The human service need in the community being addressed.
- Geographic area that will benefit from the project.
- Specific target population and estimate of the number of people affected.
- Expected outcomes of this project.
- Evaluation procedure description (the method for measuring expected outcomes.)
- Future funding sources for the project.
- Implementation schedule for the project (specific dates).
- Plan for acknowledging United Way as a funding source.
- Commitment of agency support for United Way Campaign
- Verification of 501(c)(3) or Governmental Status